Excessive road shoulders on asphalt roads and gravel roads can pose a hazard, such as aquaplaning, due to standing water and can cause significant damage to the road surface. When standing water freezes in the winter, it can cause cracking in the asphalt, which grows over the years. The repair costs for asphalt roads and gravel paths are in that case much higher than a regular maintenance and regulation of the roadbed with the HEN BKF 1200 roadbed milling machine.
Damage such as wheel ruts and water holes on water-bound gravel roads are repaired sustainably and economically with HEN road maintenance machines. Missing wearing courses and grain gradations can be produced with the HEN-RBM milling machines, damaged bitumen and asphalt surfaces can be recycled and returned to water-bound wearing courses.
Path maintenance equipment for path maintenance of field roads, forest and field paths
Roads and roadways or even forest paths need to be maintained regularly. Annoying potholes, water that does not drain properly, or overgrown roadbeds are just a few examples of what road maintenance equipment is used for.
The maintenance of roads, including sidewalks and bike paths, as well as larger squares, is a regular occurrence in municipalities. They need efficient and cost-effective solutions for this. After all, such maintenance measures can be complex and expensive.
Therefore, it makes sense to maintain these paths regularly and thus prevent major damage. This is where the HEN path maintenance equipment comes into action.
Conventional path maintenance
Equipment such as the bank milling machine, plate compactor and the like are needed for this purpose. First, the gravel road must be torn up, as a rule, with the help of a professional grader or dozer blade. This is followed by profiling (roof or one-sided water drainage profile) using a grader or cultivator blade, and then everything is compacted using a cultivator vibratory plate.
Professional path repair with the HEN WPF 200/100
If the paths are already damaged by large potholes, ruts or similar, they must be repaired as quickly as possible to avoid high repair costs. For this purpose, the HEN road maintenance machine WPF 200/100 is used. The potholes are milled open and the material is remixed to create a homogeneous layer. The existing gravel material is not changed or broken in the process, but retains its original grain size.
At the same time, a water drainage profile is created by using the integrated dozer blade to drain water as quickly as possible into the embankment in the event of rain. Two likewise integrated vibratory plates ensure recompaction and an optimal result.
Thus, a professional and economically reasonable maintenance or repair of water-bound paths can be carried out with only one machine.
In case of large pavement damages or unsuitable grading (large stones or asphalt) at the wearing course, usually no grader or maintenance machine alone will help anymore. Here, among other things, stone milling machines/road construction milling machines are used, which crush the coarse material. It is important that only larger material is crushed in order to produce an optimum grading curve or grain gradation.
With our milling machines, the crushing process only starts from a grain size of 45 mm, all smaller stones are not crushed or broken up. The result after using the milling machine should be a homogeneous gravel layer with an optimal grain size of 0-50 mm. This gravel layer is profiled and compacted after the milling process by means of the HEN path maintenance machine WPF, or grader and vibratory plate.
Milling – Mixing – Profiling – Compacting
Professional maintenance and repair of water-bound paths, embankments and roads. We have developed various devices for sustainable path maintenance of field roads, forest, field and hiking paths.
At HEN AG you can obtain the following path maintenance equipment:
- road maintenance and repair equipment (WPF 100/200)
- embankment maintenance and embankment construction machines (BKM 100)
- embankment milling machines (BKF 1200)
- plate compactors (PVM 100 / 240)
- professional grader (AG 250)
- mounted planer blades (PS 250)
- road milling (RBM milling)
- side root milling machines (ASH 110)
- leaf loading blower (LTS 400 / 600)
- leaf blower (TB 400 / 600)
- leaf container
- systems for leaf removal and disposal
- special machines and prototype construction
Advantages of HEN path maintenance equipment:
- ideal for care and maintenance also of water-bound paths (WPF 100 and WPF 200)
- efficient and extremely powerful leaf blowers for fast cleaning and maintenance of forest and corridor roads, large areas, sports fields, etc.
- sustainable path maintenance equipment for typical damages on water-bound paths
- embankment milling machines for regulation for optimal water drainage at the roadside (BKF 1200)
- high performance efficient embankment maintenance and embankment rehabilitation machine (BKM 100)
- power trains for high performance, robust designs
- practical solutions and systems
- receive and discuss customer ideas
- in-house planning and design department (CAD)
The path maintenance systems of the HEN technology are unmatched in terms of sustainability and economy. Our attachments for Unimog vehicles, such as the WPF 200/100 path milling machines, the vibratory plates or RBM-L mounted milling machines, also provide you with many other possible uses for our systems for road and path maintenance.
Also interesting: Road maintenance with the Unimog